Lead your ramp team in the consistent servicing and turnaround of multiple aircraft types. Learn the essential technical procedures for aircraft handling and loading to optimize the use of ground service equipment and manpower. In this 4-day course you will also learn how to build a safety culture and ensure consistent on-time performance (OTP). Included in this course is RampVR™, the latest “plug-and-play” virtual reality training solution for ground operations.
RampVR™ is designed for ground operations professionals, and combines high-spec virtual reality hardware and software with IATA training. RampVR™ complements the theoretical knowledge with effective practical training in a very realistic environment, without disrupting active operations on the ramp. It allows you to generate a variety of scenarios or aircraft turnaround inspections featuring operational issues, damage or foreign object debris to enhance training. It also simulates day and night operations as well as adverse weather conditions and includes pause and review “operations” so details can be checked or explained.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (34 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport operations
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Nov 28 - Dec 01, 2017 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
10 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Manage the off-loading/ loading procedures of aircraft
- Manage the full turnaround of aircraft, coordinating resources and processes
- Apply best practices to be safe, punctual and commercially successful in turnaround services
- Understand and apply the safety and punctuality aspects of loading operations
- Design and offer consistent services according to widely accepted IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) and IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) standards
- Take a leading role in your ramp team
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground handling managers and supervisors
- Station supervisors
- Ramp and turnaround coordinators
- Loading supervisors and load controllers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.