Take this first step to becoming an airline cabin crew member while developing your management skills.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Airline Cabin Crew course with Harvard ManageMentor (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring 70-75 hours of online self-study.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Appreciate the cabin crew profession, its origins and current practices
- Describe aircraft types and cabin crew functions
- Manage passenger interactions in a variety of circumstances
- Recall emergency and safety procedures
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges
IATA course topics
- Introduction to Aircraft and Aviation Familiarization
- Crew Member Coordination and Communication
- Customer Service and managing passenger interactions
- Safety and emergency procedures
Full course outline
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
HMM module content
This course is recommended for:
- Aspiring cabin crew members
You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
An HMM certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70% and have viewed 70% of the course content. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA Cabin Crew Training course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
This course is a step towards earning an IATA Diploma in: