Drive outstanding customer service with the winning combination of knowledge, skills, and attitude.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Learn techniques of effective communication and customer contact
Understand the various social styles and cultural differences of airline customers
Gain knowledge about new trends in customer service
- Improved Standard of Customer Service
- Verbal & Non-verbal Communication Skills
- Customer Contact Techniques
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Managing stress
Chapters include review questions, discussion questions and a reading list of appropriate books for reference.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ticket office, reservations, check-in, traffic, operations, baggage service and information desks staff
- Cargo reservations and receiving staff
- Public relations and sales support personnel
- Flight attendants
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.iPad package
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page