Did you know that in the past 5 years, 215 participants from 30 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Take an inside look at today's leading distribution models and strategies, gaining tools to optimize your company’s distribution processes. Discussing a series of business cases and developing best practice scenarios in group exercises, you will learn how to implement an efficient distribution strategy that leverages both traditional marketing and e-commerce resources, as well as latest developments in airline distribution such as IATA's New Distribution Capability (NDC) initiative.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites: Participants should have completed Introduction to Airline Distribution and e-Commerce before taking this course.
|Oct 02 - Oct 06, 2017 - United States, Miami (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of distribution and e-commerce in an airline's organization, structure and processes
- Discuss current day distribution models, the IATA New Distribution Capability (NDC) initiative as well as other IATA Simplifying the Business (StB) programs
- Identify the best airline distribution strategies on an operational and management level
- Learn how to leverage various aspects of e-commerce such as marketing, communication and customer relationship management (CRM) in your distribution strategy
- Explore industry best practices, develop realistic scenarios yourself and apply them toward future profitability
- Distribution management and strategies
- Standards and legal implications
- Sales and reservations
- Ticketing and payment
- Distribution technology
- Distribution channels
- New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- Beyond NDC
- Communications and Social Media
Download full outline and schedule
- Cases studies
- Media material
- Interactive group exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline management working in:
- Strategy and business development
- Sales, marketing, communications, and distribution
- Yield and revenue
- Information technology
- Finance and audit
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
|Find related courses: