Analyze and control your airline’s financial performance with this introduction to airline capital structure and cost classification, cash management and financial planning. Apply your knowledge thanks to hands-on experience with airline case studies.
Course format This distance learning course is available in Printed or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Evaluate the financial manager's role within the airline management team
- Conduct financial analyses
- Initiate change and improve performance using a functional approach to cost management
- Apply your knowledge thanks to hands-on experience with airline case studies
- Airline capital structure and cost classification
- Sources and application of funds
- Cash management and financial planning
- Airline financial control
- Capital budgeting
Table of Contents (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Financial officers and accountants
- Treasury managers
- Station accountants and cost analysts
- Business unit managers and business analysts
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Further trainingiPad package
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.
|Find related courses: