Analyze and control your airline’s financial performance with this introduction to airline capital structure and cost classification, cash management and financial planning. Apply your knowledge thanks to hands-on experience with airline case studies.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 40 - 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Evaluate the financial manager's role within the airline management team
- Conduct financial analyses
- Initiate change and improve performance using a functional approach to cost management
- Apply your knowledge thanks to hands-on experience with airline case studies
- Airline capital structure and cost classification
- Sources and application of funds
- Cash management and financial planning
- Airline financial control
- Capital budgeting
Table of Contents (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Financial officers and accountants
- Treasury managers
- Station accountants and cost analysts
- Business unit managers and business analysts
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
iPad packageFurther training
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: