Start with the essentials to launch a career in the airline industry. Learn about the history of airline organizations, and the various operational and business functions that make up an airline.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Introduction to the Airline Industry course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history, current scale and scope of the airline industry
- Find out about the multiple operational and business functions of airlines
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of key airline personnel
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
- Airline Organizational Structure and Personnel
- Airline Business Model
- Airline Fleet
- Airline Manufacturers and Vendors
- Government and industry agencies
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary by Topic
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level airline industry staff
- Newcomers to the airline industry
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.