Start with the essentials. Learn everything you need to know to launch a career in the airline industry.
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 40-45 hours plus 3 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history, current scale and scope of the airline industry
- Find out about the multiple operational and business functions of airlines
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of key airline personnel
- Airline Organizational Structure and Personnel
- Airline Business Model
- Airline Fleet
- Airline Manufacturers and Vendors
- Government and industry agencies
Table of Contents (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level airline industry staff
- Newcomers to the airline industry
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
This course if offered in the following formats:
- Textbook. candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format. To enroll, click on the "enroll" button below.
- eTextbook: training material available in electronic format readable in all computers and portable electronic devices. Benefit from discounted rates and save on shipping!