Start with the essentials to launch a career in the airline industry. Learn about the history of airline organizations, and the various operational and business functions that make up an airline.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 40 - 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history, current scale and scope of the airline industry
- Find out about the multiple operational and business functions of airlines
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of key airline personnel
- Airline Organizational Structure and Personnel
- Airline Business Model
- Airline Fleet
- Airline Manufacturers and Vendors
- Government and industry agencies
Table of Contents (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level airline industry staff
- Newcomers to the airline industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
iPad packageFurther training
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.