Growing uncertainty and competition in the global airline industry is forcing airlines to reinvent their marketing strategies. This course looks at the latest airline marketing and commercial trends to help you revamp your marketing practices.
As the customer becomes the central focus of airline marketing strategy, this course also provides insight into tools for assessing your target markets and developing a long-term relationship with your customer.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration:4 days (32 hours)
Recommended level: Professional and Management
|Aug 26 - Aug 29, 2014 - China, Beijing (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
This course will help you take a holistic approach to marketing by showing you:
- The internal and external factors to consider when building a marketing strategy
- Key market research methods to segment your markets and understand customer needs
- An overview of the airline products and services currently on the market
- How to focus on the customer in your decision making processes to create loyalty
- Integrate your marketing strategy into all of your business decisions
Aviation performance and regulatory overview
- 5-Factors Analysis of the airline industry
- Airline industry financial outlook
- Business models: legacy versus low cost carriers
- Trends and opportunities
- Planning process
- PEST (political, economic, socio-cultural, technological factors)
- SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)
- Market research methods and outcomes
- Analysis of findings
- Segmentation and targeting
Customer focus strategy
- Customer needs analysis
- Customer acquisition and retention
Product, Price, Place, Promotion – the 4Ps for airlines
- Loyalty programs
- Integrating multiple marketing channels
- Brand and product management
Download full outline (pdf)
Activities: this course provides you with practical experience utilizing group assignments and case studies.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs. More
This course is recommended for:
- Airline marketing and sales personnel
- Managers in other business units
- Support staff who work in sales and marketing departments