Stay ahead of the competition by understanding and applying sound marketing principles.
This training program combines IATA's Airline Marketing course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course formatThis distance learning course is available in eTextbook format.
- The IATA course requires approximately 70-75 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Additional time will be required for the HMM modules.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Interpret and understand your customers' needs
- Segment your targeted markets
- Exceed your customers' expectations with product innovation, product quality and efficient distribution
- Develop creative and cost-effective marketing strategies
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA course content
- The evolution of technology and its impact in customer engagement and marketing methodologies
Developing marketing processes & strategies in alignment with organizational objectives
The current airline business environment and its impact on airline marketing
Impact of technology on distribution and communication channels: best practices including social media
Market environment scanning & market research methodologies
Developing a marketing plan and strategy in a case study approach
The Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion, Place) and how to satisfy the needs of your target audiences
How to create value for, and communicate value to, your customers
Airline alliances and marketing: benefits & drawbacks
Practical strategies for managing your marketing plan efficiently
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary by Topic
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed marketing managers
- Sales managers and general sales agents
- Marketing officers and market coordinators
- Customer service staff
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.
|Find related courses: