Discover the techniques applied by airlines to derive revenue from seat sales to maximize profitability.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Apply pricing strategies
Use strategies to generate revenue through correct application of optimal seat allocation
Make correct decisions in order to optimize revenue on a given flight
Build a successful airline revenue management organization
Understand why low-cost airlines require a revenue management system
Graduates of this course can enroll in the Dynamic Pricing and Revenue Management course.
- Managing airline passenger demand
- Seat inventory control
- Scheduling and capacity adjustments
- Product distribution
- Revenue management organization
Table of Contents (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry level airline revenue management analysts
- Airline marketing and sales personnel
- Customer service representatives and supervisors
- Interline department staff
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
iPad packageFurther training
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.