Discover the techniques applied by airlines to derive revenue from seat sales to maximize profitability.
Course format This distance learning course is available in Printed or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Apply pricing strategies
Use strategies to generate revenue through correct application of optimal seat allocation
Make correct decisions in order to optimize revenue on a given flight
Build a successful airline revenue management organization
Understand why low-cost airlines require a revenue management system
Graduates of this course can enroll in the Revenue Management and Pricing with Simulation course.
- Managing airline passenger demand
- Seat inventory control
- Scheduling and capacity adjustments
- Product distribution
- Revenue management organization
Table of Contents (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry level airline revenue management analysts
- Airline marketing and sales personnel
- Customer service representatives and supervisors
- Interline department staff
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Further trainingiPad package
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.