Discover the techniques applied by airlines to derive revenue from seat sales to maximize profitability.
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 40-45 hours plus 2.5 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Apply pricing strategies
Use strategies to generate revenue through correct application of optimal seat allocation
Make correct decisions in order to optimize revenue on a given flight
Build a successful airline revenue management organization
Understand why low-cost airlines require a revenue management system
Graduates of this course can enroll in the Dynamic Pricing and Revenue Management course.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Entry level airline revenue management analysts
- Airline marketing and sales personnel
- Customer service representatives and supervisors
- Interline department staff
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
This course if offered in the following formats:
1. Textbook. candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format. To enroll, click on the "enroll" button below.
2. eBook: training material available in electronic format readable in all computers and portable electronic devices. Benefit from discounted rates and save on shipping!
3. With Harvard ManageMentor: more information