The airport business model is undergoing a massive transformation as airports around the world are becoming privatized, self-financed entities. Today’s airports are expected to finance US$350B of infrastructure development, while keeping airport charges in check and keeping commercial activities profitable.
This course will teach you how to design and implement a development strategy for two key revenue generators, routes, and commercial management. Through exercises, you will learn how to determine the right mix of aeronautical and non-aeronautical services being offered to satisfy the customers, airlines and bottom line of any airport.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have a good knowledge of airport business and operations
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 19 - Mar 23, 2018 - Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong (JAA-RTP)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Determine your airport’s position in the competitive airport landscape
- Design and implement an effective route development strategy
- Formulate a comprehensive commercial strategy to boost non-aeronautical revenue
- Find synergies between your aeronautical and non-aeronautical profit sources
- Evaluate new and alternative revenue streams
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers and consultants
- Airport operations managers and consultants
- Airlines affected by airport privatization
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.