The Emergency Response Plan (ERP) is an invaluable tool for all airport stakeholders, providing clear direction for action and exposing pain points that could aggravate a real response.
This course helps you to develop a response plan that brings together aircraft operators, airport authorities, ground service providers and state emergency response agencies.
Join the 460 Airport and Ground Operations professionals
from 77 countries who have upgraded their skills with this training since 2010.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites Participants should have prior knowledge of Airport Operations
Recommended level: Intermediate and Management
The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand what are ICAO's Standards and Recommended Practices for emergency planning at airports
- Meet the legal responsibility to manage emergencies at an airport
- Coordinate a response plan among the airfield and ground service departments, as well as various outside agencies
- Develop table top and full scale emergency drills
- Evaluate crisis management systems at aerodromes and identify required improvements
- Regulatory requirements
- Basics of Aviation Emergency Management
- Coordination an inter-dependency
- Roles and responsibilities of Airports & GSP
- Emergency Response leadership skills
- Tasks – actions – workplaces
- Notification – alarm – alarm plans
- Special assistance team / Humanitarian Response
- The ‘Toolbox’ of responsible staff
- Drafting a plan
- Training and exercises
- Business Continuity
- Course review and Examination
- Regulatory publications
These regulatory publications are referenced in the course:
- Airport Services Manual, Part 7, Airport Emergency Planning, ICAO
Annex 14, Chapter 9, ICAO
Manual of Certification of Aerodromes, Doc 9774, Part 4, ICAO
Advisory Circular 150/5200-31C, FAA
- Case studies
- Video presentations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operations and station managers
Ground handling staff
Public relations representatives
State authorities involved in airport emergency response planning
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.