Starting a career or wishing to expand your knowledge in airports? Get the essential knowledge you need to succeed.
Course format This distance learning course is available in Printed or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history of aviation and understand the role airports play in the economy
- Discover the various airport customers and partners
- Gain knowledge about the multiple operational and business functions of airports
- Acquire the tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport environment
- Operational functions of the airport
- Rescue, fire fighting and other support services
- Airport issues and challenges
- The future of airports
- Technological developments
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Travel industry staff
- Newcomers to the industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Further trainingiPad package
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.