Starting a career or wishing to expand your knowledge in airports? Get the essential knowledge you need to succeed.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed or electronic format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- This course is part of the Diploma in Aviation Studies.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history of aviation and understand the role airports play in the economy
- Discover the various airport customers and partners
- Gain knowledge about the multiple operational and business functions of airports
- Acquire the tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport environment
- Operational functions of the airport
- Rescue, fire fighting and other support services
- Airport issues and challenges
- The future of airports
- Technological developments
Course Content (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Travel industry staff
- Newcomers to the industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available. Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
iPad packageFurther training
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.