Starting a career or wishing to expand your knowledge in airports? Get the essential knowledge you need to succeed.
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 40-45 hours plus 2.5 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know the history of aviation and understand the role airports play in the economy
- Discover the various airport customers and partners
- Gain knowledge about the multiple operational and business functions of airports
- Acquire the tools to apply your knowledge and skills to your airport environment
- Operational functions of the airport
- Rescue, fire fighting and other support services
- Airport issues and challenges
- The future of airports
- Technological developments
Course Content (pdf)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Travel industry staff
- Newcomers to the industry
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
This course if offered in the following formats:
- Textbook. candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format. To enroll, click on the "enroll" button below.
- eTextbook: training material available in electronic format readable in all computers and portable electronic devices. Benefit from color content, discounted rates and save on shipping!
- With Harvard ManageMentor Modules: more information