Improve your overall understanding of the required actions and complexities involved in the transfer of airport operations or ownership from government entities to private sector investors and operators.
During this 3-day course you will learn about seller and buyer activities involved in the privatization process, including long term concessions, leasing agreements and the sale of shares. You will be able to identify business opportunities by understanding which elements are attractive to potential investors, the most appropriate financial models, risk analysis, bid management and offer delivery.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airports as businesses
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 03 - Jul 05, 2018 - Spain, Madrid (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how to plan for and navigate an airport ownership change
- Identify the key points and main objectives so appropriate focus and resources can be allocated to each element of the process
- Appreciate the areas of risk and potential mitigants on both the seller and buyer side of the transaction
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals requiring a good overview of transfer of airport ownership
- National Aviation Authorities
- Professionals involved in projects with focus on Airport Investments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.