The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.
Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
Available as: Printed textbook or eBook
Duration: 4 hours and a mandatory exam
Recommended level: Entry-level
Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
Standard operating procedures
Ramp security awareness
Future developments in the sector of ramp services
Download the course outline
This course gives you an understanding of:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff