DescriptionPrices & Registration
The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.
Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
This course gives you an understanding of:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
Available as: e-Learning course
Duration: 4.9 hours
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional (recurrent)
Related training: Airport Ramp Services (Distance Learning)
- Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
- Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
- Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
- Standard operating procedures
- Airside safety
- Ramp security awareness
- Future developments in the sector of ramp services
Min. Required Hardware:
- Pentium II 300MHz or Mac
- 64MB RAM
- 16bit SB compatible sound card
Min. Required Software:
- MS Internet Explorer ONLY, for PC or Mac
- Flash Player
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
Achieve 75% or higher to earn your self-printable IATA Certificate.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: