Did you know that in the past 5 years, 181 participants from 38 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Explore the principles of terminal design, manage capacity, and support your terminal operations through infrastructure design.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport business and operations
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Participate actively in planning and optimization projects by addressing terminal design issues
- Improve how you integrate user and technical infrastructure requirements into your terminal
- Identify terminal capacity and Level of Service (LOS)
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure improvements that can increase passenger convenience and revenue
- Airport terminal conceptual design
Terminal capacity, demand analysis and LOS
Computer simulation of terminal flows
Terminal operations support systems
Baggage handling systems
Terminal security planning and facilitation
Airport access and landside facilities
Automated People Mover (APM) and Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB)
Low cost terminal design concept
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.