The ASBU concept advances the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP) (Doc 9750) with the goal of implementing regional Air Traffic Management (ATM) performance improvements. The ASBU concept focuses on four performance improvement areas: airport operations; global interoperable systems and data; optimum capacity and flexible flights; efficient flight paths. ASBUs outline the air and ground equipment and timelines for standards and procedures implementation.
Jim Nagle, ex-Head of ICAO CNS/AIRS and an industry expert, will lead you through the ASBU concept and relate it to the African region and your State. Understand the principles behind moving to a common set of ATM solutions to ensure global interoperability. Be brought up to date on the work coordinated by ICAO, in particular in the African context. You are encouraged to bring a copy of your country’s current or proposed airspace plan (airspace concept, PBN Implementation Plan, PBN Roadmap) so these can be discussed during the workshop.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediare
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain an overview of the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (Doc 9750) and its goal of regional performance improvements
- Relate the GANP to the ASBU concept, focusing on the African region
- Understand the part your organization plays in implementing ASBUs
- Develop a practical plan for ASBU implementation
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Air Navigation Service Providers
- Civil Aviation regulators
- Airlines and airspace users
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.