The ASBU concept advances the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP) (Doc 9750) with the goal of implementing regional Air Traffic Management (ATM) performance improvements. The ASBU concept focuses on four performance improvement areas: airport operations; global interoperable systems and data; optimum capacity and flexible flights; efficient flight paths. ASBUs outline the air and ground equipment and timelines for standards and procedures implementation.
Jim Nagle, ex-Head of ICAO CNS/AIRS and an industry expert, will lead you through the ASBU concept and relate it to the African region and your State. Understand the principles behind moving to a common set of ATM solutions to ensure global interoperability. Be brought up to date on the work coordinated by ICAO, in particular in the African context. You are encouraged to bring a copy of your country’s current or proposed airspace plan (airspace concept, PBN Implementation Plan, PBN Roadmap) so these can be discussed during the workshop.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain an overview of the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (Doc 9750) and its goal of regional performance improvements
- Relate the GANP to the ASBU concept, focusing on the African region
- Understand the part your organization plays in implementing ASBUs
- Develop a practical plan for ASBU implementation
- Understand what the ASBU concept is designed to address
- Relate the theory of ASBUs to your own State
Download full outline and schedule
This course is designed for:
- Air Navigation Service Providers
- Civil Aviation regulators
- Airlines and airspace users
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.