This course will provide you with essential knowledge on climate change and international climate policies and was designed by former World Bank carbon trading specialists, UN climate negotiators and aviation experts currently advising the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) negotiations.
Learn how to understand the emerging climate policy landscape and its implications for the aviation sector. This course will cover practical information on carbon management strategies including carbon offset best practices, aviation biofuels, and other ‘win-win’ opportunities.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|Apr 10 - Apr 12, 2017 - United Kingdom, London-Hammersmith16 (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify international climate policies for aviation industry
- Assess policy impacts currently under discussion at ICAO on airline and industry levels
- Evaluate emerging policies and their impact on specific aviation markets and aviation industry
- Apply ‘win-win’ carbon management strategies
- Basic concept of climate change
- International climate policy: UNFCCC negotiations on future global climate change regime
- Aviation climate policy
- IATA’s four-pillar strategy
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) negotiations in international aviation
- ICAO climate policies for aviation industry
- Carbon management strategies: carbon offsets, biofuels and other measures
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation environment policy professionals
- Civil aviation authority staff
- Carbon market investors
- Climate change negotiators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.