In an industry where almost every business depends on IT systems and the confidentiality and reliability of its data, cyber security is a fast emerging threat to operation. This course will help your organization determine where to start in what can seem like a never-ending effort to protect your information and systems.
Starting with awareness training, the first and most important step to preventing cybercrime, you will learn about common attack methods used by today’s cybercriminal and the potential vulnerabilities in aviation systems. Using the insight you receive from case studies and demonstrations from IT experts, you will then learn the right questions to ask when conducting a risk assessment in an aviation business.
Many airlines and airports have robust systems in place to address common hacking threats, but a holistic approach to the broader aviation IT infrastructure is still needed. Open to airline, airport, regulator and IT provider staff, this course provides a perfect platform for all key stakeholders to work toward a common framework.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 26 - Mar 28, 2018 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
6 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Locate and prioritize cyber risks in aviation businesses
- Deploy assessment tools specific cyber related risk
- Analyze your company’s cyber risk profile
- Recommended risk mitigation processes
- Implement Cyber Security Management System (CSMS) guiding principles in your business
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- IT developers and management
- Government and regulator staff
- IT service provider staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.