Be fully up-to-date on aviation environmental and sustainable issues and their management, with a special emphasis on new technology, improved operations and modernized methods of airspace and airport management. As a unique opportunity, participants to this course will also attend the ATAG 2017 Global Sustainable Aviation Summit and exchange views on its main conclusions.
Coming one year after ICAO’s historic decision to adopt the Carbon Reduction and Offsetting Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA), the mechanism by which aviation will achieve its stated goal of carbon neutral growth (CNG), the Summit will combine high-level discussions and breakout sessions on the implementation of CORSIA, as well as other issues relating to the sustainable development of aviation.
Participants registered for this session will receive a free pass to the ATAG 2017 Global Sustainable Aviation Summit, in Geneva on 3-4 October 2017. ATAG’s Global Sustainable Aviation Summit is being organised in collaboration with the industry’s key associations (ACI, IATA, CANSO and ICCAIA). This well-established event will bring together over 300 leaders and experts from the aviation industry and beyond.
For more information, visit the ATAG website www.atag.org
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify key factors for a sustainable aviation sector
- Address specific environmental challenges within your organization
- Contribute to the timely implementation of improvements on technology, operations and infrastructure
- Develop evaluation methods for proper environmental assessment
- Update communication messages and tools
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Civil aviation and regulatory authorities
- Airline operators
- Airport operators
- Air navigation service providers
- Aircraft and engine manufacturers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Anthony Odongo, Environment Officer Coast Region, Kenya Airports Authority
The course was very comprehensive and informative in regards to what is currently being done in the aviation industry as far as Environmental management is concerned. I was able to relate the theory from the course with the facts from the industry leadership at the Summit.
Melodie Vaury, Assistant Manager, Cargo Industry Engagement and Sustainability
This course was very interesting and hands on. It was such an incomparable experience to see the subjects brought to life during the ATAG summit which gathered in one room all the most passionate experts in aviation sustainability. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone interested in aviation environment.