Did you know that in the past 3 years, 1147 participants from 94 countries have taken this course with IATA?
The audit requirements, procedures, and skills you need to know to get started as an internal auditor.
This course prepares you to conduct consistent audits and drive continuous improvement within your organization. Learn about the audit process through a breakdown of its stages: the audit scope, objectives, follow-up and closing; and practice using techniques that deliver objective, measurable results.
International audit requirements are covered in detail followed by a hands-on practical component.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 02 - Oct 06, 2017 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop an audit program
- Apply the principles of auditing
- Plan an internal audit and involve the right people in your organization
- Describe the regulatory requirements for an internal audit and conduct an audit that fulfills these requirements
- Evaluate the implementation of a corrective action plan and conduct a follow up
- Close an audit following corporate policies
Audit planning steps
- Establishing and implementing an audit program
- Monitoring and improving an audit program
Performing a document review Audit methods and techniques Audit conduct
- Defining scope and objectives
- Developing checklists
- Selecting an audit team
Reporting results and conducting a follow-up Regulatory agencies: laws, regulations and audit requirements
- Gathering evidence and analyzing findings
Download full outline and scheduleActivities:
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- ISO 19011:2011
- Role plays and audit practice scenarios
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is open to staff from all aviation sectors, namely:
- Quality, safety and operations managers
- Recently appointed internal auditors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More