The IATA Aviation Leadership Development Program is
offered in collaboration with Harvard Business Publishing. This program
is based on Harvard Business Publishing's Leadership Direct framework and is a
real-time, cohort-based virtual learning workshop. The program encourages peer
interaction and critical thinking through a blended curriculum that mixes
content, live and virtual events, and collaboration on real-world business
Delivered by established aviation experts, Harvard
Business School faculty, and Harvard Business Publishing moderators, the
Aviation Leadership Program uses Harvard Business Review articles and Harvard
Business School case studies with real-world aviation industry application. The
program uses a participant centered instructional methodology that encourages
reflection, discussion and critical thinking. This method yields behavioral
changes and tangible business and will empower participants to integrate
leadership concepts into immediate practice.
IATA and Harvard Business School
Publishing have also developed a 16-week blended-learning Foundations
in Leadership Program, which has been
structured to accommodate busy schedules. This program will help you develop a
leadership mind-set and gain a management skill-set, combining self-study
activities that can be done in your own time, at your own pace with collaborative
activities such as live sessions allow you to participate in facilitated
discussions with a moderator and your peers.
The program is limited to 50 participants to ensure maximum engagement.
- This virtual course provides 48 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor, aviation experts, Harvard Business School faculty, and Harvard Business Publishing moderators.
- The program consists of 3 modules, each module with a duration of 4 weeks.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you and your cohort will be able to:
- Build general management capabilities and apply the leadership skills learned
- Cultivate an effective peer network
- Adopt a global mind-set conducive to collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Apply the critical-thinking skills needed in today’s commercial aviation
- Reduce travel expenses and out-of-office downtime
A new topic is covered each month and addresses the leadership challenges in aviation.
The curriculum includes the following topics:
- Leadership & Influence
- Operational Excellence
- Global Mindset & Collaboration
- Case studies
- Online discussions
- Team activities
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- Senior managers with 10 or more years of relevant management experience
- High-potential leaders who will transition into business leadership positions
- Executives with significant responsibilities
An IATA – Harvard Business Publishing certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the program.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Juan César Thomas Burgos, Director, Superior Academy of Aeronautical Sciences (ASCA), Dominican Republic
I think this program is a great tool for managers that really want to develop their leadership, and as a result improve the efficiency of their team. By guiding you through a knowledge of yourself and providing experiences and concepts, this program makes you reflect on the core aspects of being a leader and achieving your goals with the support of your team.
Deniz Oezol, Marketing Manager, Transverse Services, Marketing & Business Development, Airbus S.A.S.
The aviation industry is a highly dynamic landscape. It is consistently changing and consequently needs different ways of thinking and acting. The program teaches this in a flexible and international format combined with world-class academia and moderation.
Program brochure (pdf)
Program Frequently Asked Questions