Learn the latest about aviation health and safety issues from IATA.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Professional and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand how health and safety affect the travelling public
Understand the International Health Regulations (IHR) and the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Pandemic Preparedness Plan.
- Passenger health issues
- Cabin air quality and its effect on passenger health
Deep venous thrombosis (DVT), the importance of drinking water quality
Precautions against tuberculosis (TB)
Passenger fitness to fly (medical clearances and case studies)
- Medical issues on board including the value of the medical safety kit and how to manage a death on board
- Aircraft disinfection and the guide to hygiene and sanitation in aviation
- Passenger contact tracking
- International Health Regulations (IHR) and a review of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Pandemic Preparedness Plan
Pandemic Preparedness Planning and the ICAO State Guidelines
- Co-operative Arrangement for Preventing the Spread of communicable disease though Air Travel (CAPSA) project
- Airport guidelines in relation to communicable diseases
Airline emergency planning guidelines
- Practical medical information to assist airlines, civil aviation authorities, transport authorities, port and border protection agencies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Civil Aviation Authorities
Airline managers and operational staff
An IATA Certificate of Attendance is awarded to participants who successfully complete this course.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.