Security is a concern for everyone in the industry, affecting virtually all areas of operation. Whether you work with passengers, cargo or at a security checkpoint, you have a role in keeping the industry safe.
This course introduces you to the security measures and regulations you need to know to work responsibly in the industry. It also provides examples of practices you can apply in your workplace to identify and prevent potential security threats.
This training program combines IATA's Aviation Security Awareness course with Harvard ManageMentor (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Your role as a future security professional in the overall aviation security framework
- The types of threats to consider in a security risk assessment
- Steps for enforcing security in your work areas
- The role of human factors in maintaining security
IATA course content
- Current threats to the aviation industry
- Aviation security regulations and the international organizations behind them
- Airport access control for people and vehicles
- Passenger, baggage, cargo, mail and catering security basics
- Common airport and in-flight security measures for responding to threats
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Harvard ManageMentor© Content Summary by Topic
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Entry-level security staff
- Industry personnel working with passengers or cargo
- You will receive an IATA certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- An HMM certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
IATA Leadership and Management Diploma
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 51 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Harvard ManageMentor Exam
- Exam Delivery Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.