Security is a concern for everyone in the industry, affecting virtually all areas of operation. Whether you work with passengers, cargo or at a security checkpoint, you have a role in keeping the industry safe.
This course introduces you to the security measures and regulations you need to know to work responsibly in the industry. It also provides examples of practices you can apply in your workplace to identify and prevent potential security threats.
Course format: This course is available in printed textbook and etextbook format. The material requires around 40 hours of study plus 1.5 hours for a final exam.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- Your role as a future security professional in the overall aviation security framework
- The types of threats to consider in a security risk assessment
- Steps for enforcing security in your work areas
- The role of human factors in maintaining security
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Entry-level security staff
- Industry personnel working with passengers or cargo
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.