DescriptionPrices & Registration
Security is a concern for everyone in the industry, affecting virtually all areas of operation. Whether you work with passengers, cargo or at a security checkpoint, you have a role in keeping the industry safe.
This course introduces you to the security measures and regulations you need to know to work responsibly in the industry. It also provides examples of practices you can apply in your workplace to identify and prevent potential security threats.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- Your role as a future security professional in the overall aviation security framework
- The types of threats to consider in a security risk assessment
- Steps for enforcing security in your work areas
- The role of human factors in maintaining security
Course format: This course is available in eLearning format. This course provides 4 hours of online materials, including an online exam.
- Current threats to the aviation industry
- Aviation security regulations and the international organizations behind them
- Airport access control for people and vehicles
- Passenger, baggage, cargo, mail and catering security basics
- Common airport and in-flight security measures for responding to threats
This course is recommended for:
- Entry-level security staff
- Industry personnel working with passengers or cargo
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Improve your language skills through our joint programs with Rosetta Stone®, Berlitz® and other specialized language programs. More