This interactive, flexible, and effective way of learning will teach you how to implement best practices in airside safety. There are many simultaneous activities that are carried out on the airside and each requires a level of awareness of safety and security. Learn about the airport environment, airside safety and security, traffic rules, aircraft danger zones, fire prevention and in the event of an incident, know the procedures to follow in fire action and how to administer first aid.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Train new staff involved in ground operations and refresh the skills of your current staff
- Provide common knowledge base to all staff to cooperate safely and respond to incidents and accidents
- Reduce the risk of accidents and ramp damages
Course format: This is a self-study IATA eLearning course
- This course requires approximately 5 hours of study, to be completed within year.
- All candidates will be given 3 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 70% or higher.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All personnel who have airside access
- All personnel involved in ramp operations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants on completion of the final exam.