DescriptionPrices & Registration
BSP Essentials for Travel Agents is a training course providing essential knowledge of the Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP), specifically for travel agents. It is designed to raise the learner’s awareness of the BSP system and processes, and improve an Agent’s efficiency and level of knowledge. This course is intended to explain elements of the BSP system that are common to
all parts of the world and is divided into six learning modules covering the
fundamental components of the BSP system.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand basic BSP processes, common terms, abbreviations, reporting calendar and billing reports
- Use the BSPlink tool and various BSPlink functions to manage in-office BSP operations
- Perform all procedures related to document refunding and voiding
- Process credit card payments and prevent credit card fraud
- Investigate the status of BSP transactions and handle remittance procedures
- Manage agency credit and debit memos
- Minimize errors using best practices in agency reporting, remittance and BSPlink
- This self-study eLearning course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Introduction to the IATA BSP system and BSP language
- Introduction to BSPlink
- BSP standard traffic documents and procedures
- BSP agent billing reports and procedures
- BSP agent remittance procedures
- BSP agent best practices and common solutions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Finance staff members
An IATA eCertificate of Completion is awarded to participants on completion of the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 50
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
About IATA eLearning Training
- This self-study eLearning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy aviation and travel industry professionals.
- eLearning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform. Alternatively, you may enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.