DescriptionPrices & Registration
BSP Essentials for Travel Agents is a training course providing essential knowledge of the Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP), specifically for travel agents. It is designed to raise the learner’s awareness of the BSP system and processes, and improve an Agent’s efficiency and level of knowledge. This course is intended to explain elements of the BSP system that are common to
all parts of the world and is divided into six learning modules covering the
fundamental components of the BSP system.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand basic BSP processes, common terms, abbreviations, reporting calendar and billing reports
- Use the BSPlink tool and various BSPlink functions to manage in-office BSP operations
- Perform all procedures related to document refunding and voiding
- Process credit card payments and prevent credit card fraud
- Investigate the status of BSP transactions and handle remittance procedures
- Manage agency credit and debit memos
- Minimize errors using best practices in agency reporting, remittance and BSPlink
Course format: This is a self-study IATA eLearning course
- This course requires approximately 2 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- All candidates will be required to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
- Introduction to the IATA BSP system and BSP language
- Introduction to BSPlink
- BSP standard traffic documents and procedures
- BSP agent billing reports and procedures
- BSP agent remittance procedures
- BSP agent best practices and common solutions
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Finance staff members
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants on completion of the final exam.
- This self-study eLearning course is a quick and flexible training method that allows you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform.
- You may enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.