DescriptionPrices & Registration
Improve your understanding of settlement services and financial transactions between travel agents and airlines. Learn how to reduce costly transaction errors and delays between agents and airlines, and how to reconcile your financial accounts.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand basic BSP processes, common terms, abbreviations, reporting calendar and billing reports
- Use the BSPlink tool and various BSPlink functions to manage in-office BSP operations
- Perform all procedures related to document refunding and voiding
- Process credit card payments and prevent credit card fraud
- Investigate the status of BSP transactions and handle remittance procedures
- Manage agency credit and debit memos
- Minimize errors using best practices in agency reporting, remittance and BSPlink
- Introduction to the IATA BSP system and BSP language
- Introduction to BSPlink
- BSP standard traffic documents and procedures
- BSP agent billing reports and procedures
- BSP agent remittance procedures
- BSP agent best practices and common solutions
Download full outline and content
This course is recommended for people working in travel agencies:
- Finance staff
- Back-office staff
This course requires approximately 12 to 14 hours of study, followed by a mandatory final examination.
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
This course can be used towards the Proficiency Certificate in Agency Ticket Sales & Settlement
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.