Over time the application of quality management to aviation has increased in complexity. Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP), airlines and maintenance organizations currently need to apply more than one Quality Management System (QMS) in order to satisfy a menu of regulatory requirements.
In this course you will gain practical knowledge on how to apply the many requirements for quality management to your CAA or ANSP. You will also learn about the latest requirements regarding quality of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Recommended level: Intermediate and Advanced
The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Mar 13 - Mar 17, 2017 - South Africa, Johannesburg (ATNS-RTP)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Be conversant about the evolution of quality and quality assurance as applied to aviation
- Understand the quality requirements of key regulatory bodies and national authorities such as ICAO, ISO, EASA, and FAA
- Be knowledgeable about specific quality requirements for aviation and how to merge them in an integrated Quality Management System
- Apply quality management principles to your organization
- Create a quality culture and know how to assure and audit for quality
- Quality definitions and applications
- Link between quality and safety in aviation
- ICAO Annexes and SARPs citing the need for quality and safety assurance
- Quality as a management responsibility
- Definition, elements and objectives of a QMS
- ISO 9000 series of standards, in particular, the ISO 9001:2015 model for a QMS
- Current aviation quality requirements and their implementation from an airline perspective taking into account the European Regulation on Air Operations EC 965/2012 and AS EN 9100: 2009
- EASA, FAA and IATA requirements
- Integration of other management standards and requirements to a quality management system
- Quality and service relationships
- Auditing for quality
- Model for quality management and customer service for CAAs and ANSPs
Download full outline and schedule
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- CAA and ANSP staff especially those in Quality, Safety and Compliance Monitoring
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.