Over time the application of quality management to aviation has increased in complexity. Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP), airlines and maintenance organizations currently need to apply more than one Quality Management System (QMS) in order to satisfy a menu of regulatory requirements.
In this course you will gain practical knowledge on how to apply the many requirements for quality management to your CAA or ANSP. You will also learn about the latest requirements regarding quality of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jun 11 - Jun 15, 2018 - Belgium, Brussels (IATA)
1 additional class is scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Be conversant about the evolution of quality and quality assurance as applied to aviation
- Understand the quality requirements of key regulatory bodies and national authorities such as ICAO, ISO, EASA, and FAA
- Be knowledgeable about specific quality requirements for aviation and how to merge them in an integrated Quality Management System
- Apply quality management principles to your organization
- Create a quality culture and know how to assure and audit for quality
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- CAA and ANSP staff especially those in Quality, Safety and Compliance Monitoring
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.