Did you know that in the past 5 years, 173 participants from 40 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This comprehensive, practical course for senior managers covers all the main areas of responsibility for Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs). Learn how to plan and deliver efficient and effective civil aviation regulatory and operational services to meet national and international air transportation policies and objectives. Participants will work in teams to apply the concepts and principles learned in the course.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 10 days (80 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 09 - Jul 20, 2018 - Canada, Montreal (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Obtain a broader view of the scope of activities under a civil aviation authority
- Understand the strategies employed by Civil Aviation Authorities
- Acquire new senior management skills to work more effectively
- Learn from an experienced, international, and multi-disciplinary team
- Network with peers from around the world
- Civil Aviation Business Planning
- Financial Management and Capital Investment Evaluation
- Fees and charges
- Economic regulation
- Aviation policy
- Commericalization, private sector participation and privatization
- The regulatory framework
- Activities under the management of a CAA
- The Civil Aviation Master Plan (CAMP)
- Management of a CAA
- ICAO CNS/ATM, performance-based navigation (PBN), aviation system block upgrades
- Impact of technology and infrastructure planning
- ICAO safety management: policy (Global Aviation Safety Plan - GASP); Standards and Recommended Practices - SARPs) (Annex 19); guidance material (ICAO Doc 9859 Safety Management Manual - SMM); analysis; implementing and reporting (USOAP, SSP, RASG)
- Airport and air operator certification
- Sustainability and other emerging issues in Civil Aviation management
- Comprehensive course integration exercise
- Bonus module on presentation skills
- Visit to ICAO for courses held in Montreal
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Directors-General and senior managers of Civil Aviation Authorities
- Government Ministries and Airport Authorities with a regulatory function
- Individuals aspiring to senior management responsibilities in CAAs
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.