Air cargo accidents must be taken very seriously. They require immediate attention upon occurrence. It is crucial to identify as soon as possible the root causes of the incident in order to avoid re-occurrence whilst adjusting the safety management system of the organization.
A good investigation often leads to improved prevention. This course will provide you with the necessary tools and techniques to complete a professional cargo accident investigation process taking into account both the process and the human factor involved.
The course follows a model similar to accident investigation and is based on the ICAO Annex 13.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 40 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Recommended level: Intermediate and Management
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Investigate accidents and incidents properly
- Interview and analyse ramp and warehouse accident scenarios
- Improve your interviewing and questioning skills Use management tools for accident prevention
- Drive a safer work environment
- Reporting of accidents and incidents
- How to investigate accidents and incidents
- Approaches to interviewing people involved directly vs. witnesses by Cargo Safety
- Providing an understanding of human behavior and communication skills
- Introduction to ICAO investigations requirements
- Creating awareness of ICAO Airport and Cargo Operating Environment
- Introduction to categories of accidents and accident investigation levels
- Providing an understanding of organization cultures
- Erosion of Safety Margins and Defenses
- Accident prevention plans
Download full outline and schedule
- Case study and examples
- Final Examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Warehouse personnel
- Cargo safety managers
- Safety officers
- Front Line Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More