Industry and competitive analysis are part of strategy development in organizations. Managers need to use competition analysis tools to allocate resources, reach strategic goals such as increasing market share or improving profitability. This will help your company improve its position within the cargo industry.
Learn about the factors that impact performance in the industry, how to make effective decision through the interpretation of market research and analysis, and how to help your company improve its market share.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo business
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 11 - Apr 13, 2018 - Sweden, Stockholm (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the key business fundamentals related to strategic and competitive analyses
- Understand how the structure of industries impact company and industry-level performance
- Recognize and use practical skills in analyzing industries and companies within them
- Develop in-depth knowledge of segmentations and how to segment to subsets in air cargo
- Apply techniques for analysing both the internal operation of a company and the external environment in which it operates
- Experience structured ways to constantly track your competitive environment
- Understand the role of market research
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo executives, management, high-potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.