DescriptionPrices & RegistrationExam Schedule
The cargo industry is truly global, providing exciting opportunities to work with people from around the world. This course will prepare you with the relevant English vocabulary and terminology you need to know to work in this industry and communicate in day-to-day operations.
Course format: This is a distance learning course, available in printed format.
- This course requires approximately 150 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to write and discuss the following topics in English:
- Modes of transport, including their advantages and disadvantages
Commodities that are shipped by air
Types of packaging used when shipping goods by air
Alternative routing options
Issues associated with lost or damaged cargo shipments
- Air cargo commodities
Aircraft, airlines and airports
Packing and handling facts
Warehousing and routings
Customs, documentation, liability and insurance
Download full course outline
Who should attend
- Non-native English speakers working with international air cargo shipments.
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.