With over 52 million tons of cargo shipped annually, the air cargo industry is the place to be. Prepare yourself to work in the industry with this comprehensive course. You will learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more.
This course is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures for air freight shipments
- Arrange air cargo shipments in accordance with IATA rules and procedures
- Apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments
- Complete air waybills accurately
- Prepare shipments ready for carriage
Available as: Distance Learning course
Duration: 160-200 hours for course plus 3 hours for exam
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
- Operations at cargo agencies, airlines, and freight forwarders
- Air cargo acceptance basic rating principles
- Air waybill completion
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- IATA geography, TACT, OAG, and other cargo manuals
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
- Newcomers to the industry
- Cargo agent and air freight forwarder sales and marketing staff
- Airline and manufacturer sales, reservations, and acceptance staff
- Junior-level managers at cargo agents, airlines, and manufacturers
An IATA Diploma is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 60% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Use this course to obtain an IATA diploma:
This course is also a helpful step towards becoming an IATA Air Cargo Professional
This course can optionally be combined with Harvard ManageMentor.