Learn how to apply the rules of the Prorate Manual – Cargo (PMC) and the Multilateral Proration Agreement – Cargo (MPA-C) within your organization.
You will learn how proration can be a useful tool in maximizing the revenue of an airline, through proper pricing policy and fare structuring. Over five days you will build on your knowledge on how best to apply and adhere to the appropriate articles, resolutions, rules and regulations that will allow your business to become cost-effective and positively impact your financial bottom-line.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of how agreements with other partners in cargo transportation will have an impact on final revenues.
- Assess the revenue entitlement of an air waybill or route sector in accordance with the rules of the Multilateral Prorate Agreement - Cargo (MPA-C).
- Understand the Provisos and Requirements filed by carriers
- Understand the standardisation and application of industry terminology procedures among carriers.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers, supervisors and officers dealing with proration, interline billings, rejections and disputes
- Marketing, sales, pricing managers and officers
- Revenue managers
- Yield and tariff analysts
- Internal auditors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.