Since 1977, IATA has developed cargo agent training with the help of experts from member airlines and associations. This course uses our expertise to provide knowledge on cargo rating principles and Air Waybill completion, as well as basic marketing procedures. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in printed and ebook format. This course requires 160-200 hours of self study plus a 3.5-hour exam.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates
- Calculate rates and charges for mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete air waybill
- Describe and use pricing strategies
- Determine an advertising budget and plan, selecting advertising media channels
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations: conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates
- Combining rates and charges, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods and Air Waybill completion
- Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee for developing a reliable and affordable transportation system
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
- Sales and marketing staff at cargo agents and air freight forwarders (consolidators)
- Sales, reservations, and acceptance staff at airlines and manufacturers
- Junior and middle management staff at cargo agents, airlines, and freight forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 60% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This training is natural continuity of the IATA Cargo Introductory Course
The training kit includes the following publications:
- Course Guide with Model Exam questions and answers
- Course Textbook
- The Air Cargo Tariff -TACT Training Edition
- Air Waybill extracts
This course can optionaly be combined with Harvard ManageMentor
Please print the TACT training edition.
This print out will only be allowed at the exam day there are no remarks or additional prints included in the print out.
Learn air cargo rating principles and rate calculation in accordance with The Air Cargo Tariffs and Rules (TACT).