Did you know that in the past 5 years, 800 participants from 65 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Since 1977, IATA has developed cargo agent training with the help of experts from member airlines and associations. This course uses our expertise to provide knowledge on cargo rating principles and Air Waybill completion, as well as basic marketing procedures. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development.
Course format This distance learning course is available in Printed or eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 160 - 200 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates
- Calculate rates and charges for mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete air waybill
- Describe and use pricing strategies
- Determine an advertising budget and plan, selecting advertising media channels
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations: conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates
- Combining rates and charges, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods and Air Waybill completion
- Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee for developing a reliable and affordable transportation system
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
This training is the natural continuity of the Cargo Introductory course
The training kit includes the following publications:
- Course Guide with Model Exam questions and answers
- Course Textbook
- The Air Cargo Tariff -TACT Training Edition
- Air Waybill extracts
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Sales and marketing staff at cargo agents and air freight forwarders (consolidators)
- Sales, reservations, and acceptance staff at airlines and manufacturers
- Junior and middle management staff at cargo agents, airlines, and freight forwarders
An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book, the TACT training edition is required during the exam.
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Please print the TACT training edition. This print out will only be allowed at the exam if there are no remarks or additional prints included in the print out.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.