Learn the fundamental cargo revenue management procedures and optimization skills.
This course provides solid basic knowledge about steering revenue and demand, while optimizing pricing and capacity in the air cargo industry. Over 4 days, lectures, exercises and optimization simulations, will help you gain a comprehensive, valuable and practical insight into revenue management procedures. These procedures have a direct impact on your company´s performance, and with this additional knowledge you will have the possibility of increasing your contribution to your company.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 02 - Jul 05, 2018 - Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe an overview of the air cargo industry in regards to revenue steering and optimization
- Understand the revenue management role and its principals
- Identify revenue management systems and performance monitoring
- Explain overbooking factors, discounted allocations and respective inventory control
- Understand the delicate balance between demand and supply for effective management of revenue and contribution
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Frontline and supervisors from cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders, airlines involved in the transport of air cargo
- Individuals willing to enhance or refresh their knowledge
- Individuals who are new to their responsibility or recent joined the cargo industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.