This course provides you with a solid foundation of cargo revenue management, price optimization, and revenue steering in the air cargo industry. Over four days, you will gain a comprehensive, valuable and practical insight into revenue management drivers and constraints in the air cargo industry though lectures and exercises. You will explore demand and capacity forecasting, and examine the importance and complexity of scheduling, providing you with the potential to have a direct impact on your company’s performance.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 32 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
|May 17 - May 20, 2016 - Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Outline the process of revenue steering and price optimization in the air cargo industry
- Understand the role and principles of revenue management
- Recognize yield management systems and how to monitor the performance
- Appreciate overbooking factors, discounted allocations and respective inventory control
- Understand the delicate balance between demand and supply for effectively managing revenue and contributions
- Overview of the of the drivers and constraints of the air cargo industry
- How structural changes and trends influence revenue management
- Revenue management principals, optimization and its benefits
- Contribution methods and margin calculations
- Demand/capacity forecasting and handling of over-bookings
- Marketing segmentation, product and pricing
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
- Frontline and supervisors from cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders, airlines involved in the transport of air cargo
- Individuals wishing to enhance or refresh their knowledge
- Individuals new to their role or the cargo industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More