Build necessary awareness regarding air cargo security and understand applicable regulations, latest concepts and basic principles of security in cargo environment.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Understand your role in cargo security chain
Identify possible targets in cargo area
Implement and enforce security in your working environment
Gain knowledge of the importance of human factors in achieving security
Understand the real benefit to you and to prospective employers
Threats to aviation and introduction to cargo security
Importance of implementation of security measures
Catering and mail security
Recognition and management of threats
Human factors in Cargo security
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All personnel involved in air cargo transport chain
Staff working in companies under regulated agent regime
Freight forwarders personnel operating in the field of air transport
Those required to undergo an Security Awareness course before obtaining an airport access ID
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
This training may be used as foundation for personnel who have to execute cargo security functions.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Course edition applicable for the Exam: Please refer to this page
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.