A strategy is a plan of action for an organization to follow in order to achieve a long-term business goal. With a clear strategy, an organization can gain advantages by focusing its direction and refining its scope in an ever-changing environment. It can do this through the configuration of resources and competences to fulfill shareholder expectations.
This course will introduce you to new managerial perspectives and show you how to create strategic pillars, develop encouraging business strategies and materialize plans with accuracy, while working towards a common strategic goal.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo business
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop creative innovation processes for developing and building future business strategies and strategic pillars in air cargo growth
- Assimilate a structured, high-level, but potentially out-of-the-box thinking-approach to initiate a planning process
- Understand the importance of monitoring tools and how to keep focus on ROI (return on investment)
- Recognize different improvement processes and tools to drive your business strategy
- Understand the managerial methodology and basics of product positioning
- Appreciate the importance of a pricing strategy and the need for a secondary pricing strategy
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo executives, management, high-potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.