Handling air cargo is all about maintaining the physical integrity of the goods shipped, while respecting the rules of safety and security. Efficient warehouse operations will guarantee that your company has consistent quality delivery at a competitive cost needed to compete in a challenging market environment.
This course will provide you with the tools and techniques needed to ensure that your warehouse processes are safe, efficient and cost effective. You will learn theoretical concepts such as warehouse safety and emergency procedures, how to handle different cargo types, and how to apply Lean techniques to your processes.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jun 26 - Jun 29, 2018 - China, Beijing (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of warehouse safety and emergency procedures
- Implement efficient warehouse processes in view of the different cargo types handled
- Evaluate the competitiveness of your current warehouse environment
- Safely build and breakdown different types of Unit Load Device (ULD)
- Apply Lean techniques as a tool for process improvements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Warehouse/Loading staff at airlines and airline handling agents, loadmasters
- Cargo operations staff at cargo agents and consolidators
- Key handling personnel of shippers involved in air cargo
- Instructors responsible for cargo handling training
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.