IATA Cargo XML
Standard Accepted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency
Learn how to implement Cargo-XML messaging in your organization and improve electronic communications. Cargo-XML aims to facilitate cargo business processes, fulfill regulatory requirements for Advance Cargo Information (ACI), and comply with security regulations like Electronic Consignment Security Declaration (e-CSD).
During this course you will analyze how Cargo-XML standards improve information exchange both within a company and between different stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwards, ground handlers, airlines, regulators, and customs and security agencies. Using the IATA Cargo-XML manual and toolkit, learn how to implement Cargo-XML within your organization and how to convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP.
Please Note: The class scheduled in Miami, United States Feb-27 - Feb 28, 2017 is a customized 2-day training session, scheduled in conjunction with the CNS e-Cargo Workshop, Miami, March 1-3, 2017
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 24 hours of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites: Participants should have prior knowledge of Air cargo procedures
Recommended level: Beginner and Intermediate
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for improved electronic messaging within the e-cargo business
- Use the Cargo-XML manual and toolkit
- Implement Cargo-XML
- Convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Improve data quality within your organization
- Beginner and Intermediate
- Cargo business processes and stakeholder interaction
- Cargo-XML electronic message structure: specification, fields, code list and layouts
- Cargo-XML schema
- Implementation of Cargo-XML messaging
- Conversion between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Cargo-XML compliance with custom’s Advance Cargo Information (ACI) and e-cargo initiatives (e-air waybill, e-freight, e-consignment security declaration)
Download full outline and schedule
- Mapping and conversion between Cargo-IMP and Cargo-XML
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- E-Cargo project managers
- IT implementation managers and service providers
- Data quality managers
- Technology managers from customs or border protection authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More