Learn the essentials of civil aviation management.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration: 5 days (35 hours)
Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand the scope of activities under the responsibility of civil aviation authorities
Apply the Civil Aviation management tools that will allow you to do the job effectively
- The main CAA functions and responsibilities
- The regulatory framework including ICAO Annexes and Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs)
- How to manage ICAO audits and their outcomes (USOAP)
- The principles of civil aviation master planning, business planning and general management
- Aviation safety and security, the ICAO Safety Management System (SMS) and the ICAO State Safety Program
- Economic and financial issues for CAAs
- Management of fees and charges
Private sector participation and privatization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Civil Aviation Authority management and operational staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.