Gain an overview of ICAO CNS/ATM technologies and infrastructure to support the transition to a performance-based air navigation system.
The ICAO Global ATM Operational Concept (GATMOC) takes advantage of new concepts and infrastructure to meet specific safety and strategic objectives in key performance areas. This course reviews the guidance material and provides you with a foundation so that you can be conversant on this subject. Follow on from this course by completing CNS/ATM Planning Master Class which will help you prepare for the challenge of applying the concepts to your local aviation environment. Both courses are required for the award of the Diploma in Air Traffic Services Management.
- This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Have a good overview of the vision, background, components and principles that support the transition to the GATMOC
- Be conversant about how the performance-based approach to managing air traffic can be applied
- Know the fundamentals of strategic planning for the provision of Air Traffic Services and how to reconcile the operational concept with strategic business management
- Build on the basics of Operational and Capacity planning in order to plan future Air Traffic Services for your organization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Executive and senior managers in Air Navigation Service Providers
- Air Traffic Controller Officers (ATCO), operational staff, and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.