Learn how to plan and manage the delivery of Air Traffic Services that comply with the objectives of the ICAO Global Air Traffic Management (ATM) System. You will learn about key enablers for the transition to a performance-based air navigation system, and the necessary supporting infrastructure technologies incorporated in a Global Air Navigation Plan.
Building on what you have learned in the course ‘Foundations of CNS/ATM’ (TCVT-24), over 5 days you will review key ICAO documentation and learn how to build balanced scorecards, how to base-line communications, navigation, surveillance, and apply KPIs. Through individual and group exercises you will have the opportunity to build a 15-year master plan for the delivery of Air Traffic Services.
Course format: This course is available at IATA Training Centers, regional training partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training. This course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
Prerequisites Participants should have prior knowledge of the PBN concept or have completed Foundations of CNS/ATM (TCVT-24)
Recommended level: Professional and Management
The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe ICAO CNS/ATM technologies and infrastructure, the Global ATM system and Performance-based Navigation (PBN)
- Build balanced scorecards based on your own ATS environment taking into account local and global objectives such as the ICAO Global Aviation Safety Plan (GASP)
- Apply a systematic service delivery strategy to develop a long range master plan for the delivery of ATS
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Middle and senior management from air traffic services and air traffic management environments
- Air traffic controllers who want to develop their leadership and management skills
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.