Learn how to plan and manage the delivery of Air Traffic Services that comply with the objectives of the ICAO Global Air Traffic Management (ATM) Operational Concept (GATMOC).
Using the theory learned in IATA’s Foundations of CNS/ATM course, over 5 days you will learn how to apply strategic management to Air Traffic Services (ATS). Become knowledgeable about operational planning, performance indicators, balanced control systems, balanced scorecards, airspace concept development and Performance-based Navigation (PBN). Review the ICAO global strategic plans and learn how to develop metrics to measure performance. Through individual and group exercises you will have the opportunity to build a 15-year master plan for the delivery of Air Traffic Services that is aligned with the objectives of the GATMOC.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of GATMOC or have completed IATA's Foundations of CNS/ATM
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply strategic management principles to the delivery of performance-based ATS
- Be conversant about airspace concept development and Performance-based Navigation (PBN)
- See how your local operational requirements fit with ICAO global plans
- Apply a service delivery strategy in a systematic way to develop a long range Master Plan for the delivery of Air Traffic Services.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Executive and senior managers in Air Navigation Service Providers
- Air Traffic Controller Officers (ATCO), operational staff, and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.