Communication is an essential skill for conducting business, especially in the international context of aviation. To be truly successful in any role you need to understand yourself and others, and know how to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues. This course will improve your understanding of cross-cultural differences, explore different methods of communication, and teach you how to transfer information clearly and concisely according to the needs of your audience.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Jul 09 - Jul 13, 2018 - South Africa, Johannesburg (ATNS-RTP)
3 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Actively listen and observe others
- Increase your self-awareness of how you communicate and are perceived by others
- Measure outcomes of communications
- Plan a communication strategy and messages
- Facilitate meetings and influence others to reach consensus
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals of all levels who want to enhance their communication skills and maximize their performance.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.