Endorsed by ICAO and adopted by a growing number of countries around the world, the CSD is recognized as the industry standard for documenting secure cargo throughout its journey.
This course outlines the messaging standards and technical requirements you must meet to make the e-CSD functional in your air cargo operations. You will learn how to complete the documentation process from start to finish- from collecting the required security information and using the right terminology to document it, to transmitting the information onto additional carriers.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Know how to read electronic and paper CSD document layouts and terminology
Understand the codes used in CSD and e-CSD documentation
Be able to mobilize your team for e-CSD implementation
Know the industry requirements for security information
- Introduction to the secure supply chain
- Key players in e-CSD implementation
Roles and responsibilities
- About the e-CSD
- e-CSD usage in air cargo industry
Compatibility with e-freight, e-AWB and other programs
- About the CSD
- The ICAO CSD document layout
How to complete the CSD document
- Electronic messaging requirements
- Codes and terminology
Platforms and message formats
- e-CSD and CSD technical specifications
- Typical scenarios e-CSD
- Case studies with associated action plans
Business case exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Regulators, known consignors and freight forwarders
Airlines handling cargo
Ground handling agents
Screening and other IT service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
|Find related courses: