DescriptionPrices & Registration
In the event of an accident, an airline is required to carry out a significant number of tasks simultaneously at several locations, placing an enormous strain on its resources. Understand your airline’s responsibilities in the case of an accident and how to effectively allocate resources when dealing with the aftermath. Gain the skills to correctly address the needs and concerns of accident victims and their families. Learn how to successfully handle media challenges to protect your airline’s reputation and business.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Recommended level: Professional and Management
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Improve your organization’s immediate response strategy
- Provide clear and structured checklists for family assistance teams
- Establish a Go-Team
- Respond to, contain and manage post-accident/incident activities
- Understand the legal and moral responsibilities of your organization
- Review related IOSA Standards and Recommended practices
- Overview of regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Needs of the families of uninjured/injured passengers
- Responsibilities of the origin and destination stations
- Setting up of a briefing room
- Roles and responsibilities of Special Assistance Team members
- Telephone Enquiry Center (TEC)
- Cultural differences and how to overcome them
- Media relations and ongoing challenges
Download full outline and schedule
This course is recommended for:
- Managers in emergency response and family assistance programs
- Accident response trainers
- Aviation risk managers
- Airline and airport managers
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.
Graduates of this course can apply for the
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.