Did you know that in the past 5 years, 220 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Strategies to optimize your use of staff, equipment and procedures to prevent error at each phase of flight.
Human error accounts for up to 80% of accidents in civil aviation. This course examines the complex threat and error environments common to today’s workplace, providing best practices to increase flight safety. A recognized standard throughout the industry, IATA’s Crew Resource Management (CRM) training is used by leading airlines to improve teamwork within their crews and reduce the frequency of accidents.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professinal
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|May 09 - May 11, 2018 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop strategies to manage threats and errors and minimize their consequences
- Describe the importance of an integrated CRM program for all areas of an organization
Explain how CRM supports a Safety Management System (SMS)
Design effective Line Oriented Flight (LOFT) sessions
Establish a robust CRM training program that includes theory and practice
Apply Non-Technical Skill (NTS) tools to assess attitudes and behaviors
- Threat and error management
- Safety defenses
- CRM integration
- How CRM influences SMS effectiveness
- IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices
- CRM implementation tools
- CRM considerations in Line Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) design
LOFT objectives and guidance
- Non-Technical Skills (NTS)
- CRM implementation plan
- CRM implementation exercise
- Group exercises
Case studies reviewing the causes of recent accidents
Who should attend
This course is recommended for all mid- to senior-level airline management working with:
- Flight and cabin crews
Safety and quality
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.