Dangerous goods can be hidden in everyday household items such as bleaches, aerosols, and perfumes. If you work with passengers or are involved in the security screening of passengers and crew members, it is essential you know how to treat the items that can pose a threat to a flight.
Using IATA’s eLearning platform, this course is an interactive and cost-effective-way to fulfill your dangerous goods training requirements as a cabin crew member, security staff or passenger handling agent.
Course format: This online course requires approximately 4 to 6 hours of self study, followed by a 3-hour mandatory online examination.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Understand provisions for dangerous goods in the baggage of passengers and crew
- Follow basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
- Classification - classes and divisions
- Marking and labeling
- Dangerous goods emergency response
Download full course outline
This course is recommended for:
- Cabin crew members and inflight operations managers
- Passenger handling personnel
- Security screening personnel
- Airline training specialists
Note: This course meets the training requirements for personnel listed in categories 9, 10, and 11 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR.
All candidates will be given three attempts to successfully complete the exam at the end of the course. To successfully pass the exam, the candidate must achieve a grade of 80% or higher. A printable eCertificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
Terms and conditions
Cargo Online Course Terms & Conditions (pdf)
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.